- 1). Open your Web browser and paste the following address into the address bar:
- 2). Press "Enter" and save the installation file to your computer.
- 3). Run the downloaded file and click "Allow" to initiate ffdshow installation.
- 4). Select your language from the drop-down menu and click "OK" to continue.
- 5). Click "Next" until you reach the "Select Additional Tasks" menu.
- 6). Click the check box next to all video and audio formats that you would like to decode with the ffdshow codec pack, and then click "Next".
- 7). Select your speaker type from the list and click "Next" to continue.
- 8). Click the "Install" button to complete ffdshow setup. Windows Media Player and other media players will use the ffdshow codec pack to decode and play all video and audio types that you specified during setup.