- Window covering manufacturers have issued involuntary recalls in the past due to the strangulation hazard that window blinds pose. Children have become wound up in the cords and have died. These accidents often happen in seconds while a parent briefly leaves the room. Blinds that are built directly into the windows between the panes of glass eliminate this strangulation risk. The blinds still function in the same ways without the cord being exposed to curious young children.
- Because the blinds are encased in glass on both sides, the insulation of the window is increased. Some windows without blinds already use double panes for increased insulation, but using windows that already have the blinds inside doubles the functionality of the windows. The window panes are available in various thicknesses for different degrees of insulation. These double-paned windows also insulate the house better due to the air trapped between the panes. That air tends to stay warmer or cooler than the air outside, thus keeping the interior air at the proper temperature.
Ease of Use
- Instead of a cord and wand, a dial or other control device located on the frame of the window controls the blinds. A single control device allows you to raise and lower the blinds, as well as control the tilt angle. This allows you to maintain the functionality of your blinds with a different method of control. The position and type of control device can be customized to best fit your needs. You can even automate the process.
- Blinds that are manufactured directly into the window come in a variety of colors to match any home. However, it is important to remember that most people do not put new windows into their home often. This is important because you will not be able to change the color of the blinds inside the window without changing out the entire window. Therefore, it is best to choose neutral colors rather than ones that match the decor of the room. If you ever decided to change your color scheme or sell your home, a color that is not neutral can be a deal breaker.
- One of the issues that people have with using blinds is that they attract a lot of dust. Homeowners must frequently dust them to keep them looking clean and new. However, blinds that are encased between the glass in the windows cannot get dusty or dirty. The area between the glass panes is airtight, which keeps everything out. Therefore, owners do not need to clean the blinds, just the windows, instead of having to take the time to clean both.